Vehicles are the biggest purchase one would ever make and everyone wants this asset to last longer. According to a recent report estimate every additional year you can keep a vehicle on the road, you could save as much as $3,000 to $4,000. But unfortunately, if you visit the streets of Southern USA, you can see different kinds of late model vehicles on the streets that look like they were just driven off the lot. Yes! Snow, salt and rust is the biggest enemies that damage the pretty look and feel of your car while feeding on your wallet.
Generally, there are many different methods to rustproof your vehicle and some of the methods work really well better than the other. Some people also recommend oil spraying method, if you want to try and keep your car in pristine shape.
Top 5 Cars that Rust Very Quickly
Some reports specify that little patches or bubble of rust that appear on the paint surface of the car is just a cosmetic issue while the rust on the thin arts of the car or on the frame can pose serious problems. Here, we have compiled a list of a few models of cars that can rust easily compared to others.
- – All Mazdas, with the Mazda 3, 5, Tribute, and MPV are rated as very weak resistance and are considered as the worst performers for corrosion resistant.
- – Jeep TJ and Wrangler, the popular known sport vehicles can face some issues dealing with rust-related damage from rough terrain.
- – Ford’s Focus, Escape, and Explorer are labeled with “weak resistance”.
- – For its Relay and Vue models, Saturn shares the weak resistance ranking.
- – Rendez-Vous and Terraza
If you are the one who own cars of any of the above models, then you must have noticed that these cars rust quickly. Despite of the type of the car, other environmental conditions like snow, salt and rain can affect the external and internal structure of your car and causes costly repairs. So, protecting your car from rust is a key to maintaining its usefulness and appearance.
Why Vehicle Rust Proofing Important?
With the use of road salts to melt snow on the road, the lower areas of the cars began to rust. You may think that the advancements in the car manufacturing process, including draining holes and additional crevices can make excess moisture to escape. But the reality is, with more cars on the road, wear and tear will accumulate and gradually degrades the external and internal structure of your car.
To escape from this danger, vehicle rust proofing materials has been introduced to prevent corrosion and rust build up on your vehicle. Here are a few easy ways to prevent rusting or corrosion of your vehicle parts.
- – Protect the floor of your vehicle with rubber mats to prevent moisture and road salt from getting into your car.
- – Wash and clean your vehicle throughout the winter and especially after driving down salt-treated roads. But note that, whenever you wash your vehicle in the winter the temperature should not be lower than freezing. If so, wait till temperatures rise to freezing.
- – Dry areas that are often prone to collect moisture.
- – If you are unable to wash your vehicles, be sure to remove snow from the wheel wells and behind the wheels.
- – Undercoat or rust proof your vehicle to keep it safe from the effects of moisture and road salts. Choose a professional to undercoat your vehicle rather than trying it yourself and apply it the right way for optimal protection.
Importance of Undercoating
People living in places where seasonal changes can have a negative impact on their car choose to undercoat or rustproof their vehicles. Undercoating is nothing but adding an extra layer of paint to the lower side of the car which acts as an additional layer of protection. This extra layer also acts as a sound dampener that makes operating the vehicle much quieter on the road. Undercoating or rustproofing provides you a numerous options to choose from and knowing these techniques help you to choose the right one for your vehicle.
Different Methods of Rustproofing
- – Electronic Method
- – Undercoating Method
- – Dripless Oil Spray
- – Drip Oil Spray
The Bottom Line
Rust is the bane of every vehicles existence which eats away your vehicle until it’s un-drivable. Rust proofing your car avoids any costly repairs, replacement of damaged parts, preserves the pristine look and makes it last for a longer time. So why wait? Choose the right rust inhibitor for cars from https://www.noxudolusa.com/ and enjoy a longer ride on the road.