- – Nooks and crannies in a car are often difficult to get. By using necessary equipment such as spray gun and compressor it is easy to deal with any parts of your car. These equipments can easily be rented too.
- – Clean the car as thoroughly as you can before the application of the rust proofing products. Wire brushes are recommended to get rid of road grimes and do not forget to pay attention to wheel wells and undercarriage.
- – Rust proofing spray can be used to apply the rust proofing fluids. Make sure to cover the front and back doors, hood, trunk, wheel wells and undercarriage.
- – Rust proofing materials are highly flammable. So keep them away from any source of ignition or heat. These fluids are capable of damaging plastics. If you accidently got them on plastic wipe them off immediately.
- – After covering the necessary areas wipe off any excess and now, you are finished.
Rust Proofing a car is necessary to safeguard the money you have invested. Ugly patches of scratch and rust can really depreciate the car’s value. Rust proofing is not only essential to maintain the overall appearance of the car but also to avoid any real damage to the vital parts thereby making it safe to use. Rust proofing can be easily done at home by the following steps,